Email your application to membership: firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliate membership is open to anyone who has an interest in landscape and the environment, or who is working in a landscape-related profession.
The Member year starts on the 1st June to the 31st May
Benefits of Affiliate Membership
Join the Conversation
– We regularly tweet news, events, and updates through @TalkLandscape
– On Talking Landscape, an on-line network for Landscape Institute members there are forums on technical issues, landscape architecture ideas, and Institute activities.
– A news update covering the latest industry news, events, and professional developments is sent out every second Thursday. You’re automatically signed up to receive this as a member.
– Landscape Journal is sent to members every quarter – you will automatically receive this as part of your membership.
– The LI publishes resources for landscape practitioners, clients, decision-makers, and professionals in the built and natural environment.
Use our Resources
– The Landscape Institute has documents on Green Infrastructure, Water, Housing, Public Health, and Liveability in the Policy section.
– In the Technical pages, technical guidance is available on BIM, GLVIA, Plant Health, and Visualisation.
– In the Member’s only area are LI reports such as the annual Communications Survey, the Employment and Salary Survey, and governance papers.
– The Landscape Institute has many different roles that suit all levels of experience and availability. Find out how to get involved, and what type of role will suit you in Get Involved.
– The LI Ambassador for Landscape scheme is an exciting opportunity for you to inspire the next generation of landscape architects, and to demonstrate the creative and rewarding career options open to them. We are looking to all LI Members to champion the profession and help enthuse the next generation of landscape professionals.
– Inspire the next generation of landscape architects through our new primary school scheme
– The Playground Project. The LI are excited to announce the launch of a new education project sponsored by Canary Wharf Group. Based in Tower Hamlets, London, this hands-on schools project brings to life outdoor learning environments through a series of live activities, helping primary school pupils re-design their outdoor space and deliver aspects of the curriculum with the active support of a design expert. Each school will have the chance to win £5000 to implement an aspect of their design. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to inspire and educate students, future proofing the profession for the next generation.
– There are 12 regional branches of the LI across the UK. You are automatically a member of your local branch – find out what’s going on in your area through the branches page.
Connect with the Industry
– Every Thursday at 1pm the LI’s webinar series takes place, this is an excellent learning opportunity to hear from top landscape professionals discussing key issues, there is also a chance at the end to ask questions.
– Help encourage the next generation of landscape architects through the LI’s careers website, Be A Landscape Architect. There’s information on courses, funding, projects, job types and more.
– You can sign up for email alerts about new jobs as soon as they are advertised on our Jobs webpage. Or place an advert for recruitment.